The PMP exam is changing on 26th March 2018. Here’s what you need to know about the change and how it will affect you if you're in the middle of training with Skillsoft or are planning to enrol.
Q: How often does the PMBOK® Guide change?
A: The guide changes roughly every 4-5 years.
Q: Why is the PMBOK® Guide changing?
- Project management has evolved significantly since the Project Management Institute (PMI) published the PMBOK® Guide – 5th Edition in 2013.
- Part 2 of the PMBOK® Guide is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and must be updated every four to five years.
- PMI continually learns more about what drives successful project outcomes through research and shares those drivers with the project management community.
Q: When was PMBOK® 6th Edition released?
A: PMI® released PMBOK® Guide – 6th Edition on 6th Sep 2017.
Q: How will it affect me?
- If you’re studying 5th Edition, you’ll need to complete your training and preparation and schedule your exam for or before 26th March 2018.
- If you’re interested in taking the PMP® exam based on PMBOK® Guide – 6th Edition, you can start preparing with the Skillsoft online training starting the end of December 2017. All modules will be updated and be based on the 6th edition guide.
Q: What are the differences between the PMP® exams before and after 26th March 2018?
A: Although the PMP® is not a test of the PMBOK® Guide, it is one of the primary references for the exam. The exams correspond the terminology and content in the guide on which they are based.
Q: What are differences between the 5th and 6th edition of the PMBOK guides?
A: There are numerous changes in the 6th edition. They include:
- Chapter re-alignments
- The addition of the agile concept
- Trends and emerging practices
- Tailoring considerations
- A greater emphasis on Strategic and Business Knowledge
- A new section on the role of the project manager
Q: Will there be mentor guidance for the exams based on PMBOK® Guide – 6th Edition?
A: At the moment, there will be no mentors as they will need to go through the exams themselves and get recertified again to be able to coach future students.
Q: Are there going to be any changes in exam pricing for PMP® 6th Edition?
A: No, the exam fees will be the same for now.
JobStreet Education offers the updated PMP online course for those who want to get certified. Fill in an enquiry form on the PMI-PMP page to speak to one of our Education Consultants to get more details.